Learn EnglishKnowing English increases your chances of getting a good job
Did you know?
- English is the most commonly spoken language in the world. One out of 5 people can speak or understand English!
- English is the official language of 53 countries. That is a lot of people to meet and speak to.
- English is spoken as a first language by approximately 400 million people around the world.
ENGLISH LESSON CLASSROOM WOES!
Teaching English as a foreign language involves teaching those whose first or main language is not English. We help students learn English in Blackpool – for either business or leisure reasons.
LEARN ENGLISH AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE
Click on the boxes below to discover how we help you learn English with all the help and support you could wish for…
1. What Does 'Teaching As A Foreign Language' (TEFL) Mean?
Teaching English to speakers of other languages (TESOL) is also a widely used term and is used to mostly mean the same thing as TEFL.
Teaching English as a second language (TESL) or teaching English as an additional language (TEAL) may also be terms that are used but they generally all refer to the same thing:
- teaching English to someone whose native language is not English.
2. Learning The Language of Your Host Country
I’ve lived and worked in France and Spain, so I know what it’s like to be a foreigner!
It is both exciting and scary getting to know a new place and adapting to a new culture, but learning the language can make the process infinitely easier and more rewarding.
Make living in England easier by learning English in Blackpool with me.
3. Embracing A New Language and Culture
I was most fortunate to have had friends and tutors in France and Spain who made my language learning pleasant and who greatly eased my frustration when I felt I wasn’t progressing swiftly enough.
I moved to France in the April and was ready to come home in the December! However, I pushed through the pain barrier and stayed for nine years. if you’re finding it difficult to adapt to life in England, take English lessons in Blackpool with me.
4. Help to Pass Your English Qualification
When my French speaking stepson became part of the family when he was twelve years old, he hardly spoke a word of English.
I was a key player in helping him to adapt to the UK and teaching him English.
It was a proud moment for me when he obtained a GCSE in English Language.
5. A Patient and Empathetic Approach To Learning
I have successfully completed the Trinity Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (Trinity CertTESOL).
If you live in Blackpool and want to learn English, my friendly, patient and empathetic approach will help.
WE'RE HIGHLY QUALIFIED
Karen Montanaro's qualifications include:
- BA (Hons) in European Business Administration & Languages
- CTLLS (Certificate in Teaching in the Life-Long Learning Sector
- Trinity Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (Trinity CertTESOL)
- Member of the Institute of Linguists
If you like what we do and want to know more...
£20 per hour or
£12.50 for 30 minutes
Groups (2-4 People)
£25 per hour