Learn FrenchA world language... & the language of love
Did you know?
- French is second only to English for the number of countries where it has official status? 32 as opposed to 45.
- French is the main foreign language taught in Britain and remains a popular foreign language in most English speaking countries.
- French, the official language, is the first language of 88% of the population.
HOW NOT TO LEARN FRENCH!
Learn about the French language: where it came from, where it’s spoken and by who. Why you should learn it, and how it compares to other languages.
10 REASONS TO LEARN FRENCH
Click on the boxes below to discover how learning french offers so many benefits and opportunites…
1. It's A World Language
More than 200 million people speak French on the five continents.
The Francophonie, the international organisation of French-speaking countries, comprises 68 states and governments.
French is the second most widely learned foreign language after English, and the ninth most widely spoken language in the world.
French is also the only language, alongside English, that is taught in every country in the world.
France operates the biggest international network of cultural institutes, which run French-language courses for more than 750,000 learners.
2. A Language for The Jobs Market
An ability to speak French and English could be a big advantage on the international job market.
- It’s not just opportunities with French companies in France that you can access when you learn French in Blackpool with Karen. You also open up other French-speaking parts of the world, such as Canada (Quebec), Switzerland, Belgium, and North and sub-Saharan Africa.
- As the world’s fifth biggest economy and number-three destination for foreign investment, France is a key economic partner.
- Learning French in Blackpool could help you maximise your opportunities as Britain’s relationship with Europe changes.
3. The Language of Culture
French is the international language of cooking, fashion, theatre, the visual arts, dance and architecture.
- A knowledge of French offers access to many of the great works of literature in their original form, as well as films and songs. Taking French lessons in Blackpool could help you enjoy everything from Je Ne Regrette Rien to Les Misérables to Amelie as they were originally written.
- French is the language of Victor Hugo, Molière, Léopold Sendar Senghor, Edith Piaf, Jean-Paul Sartre, Alain Delon and Zinedine Zidane.
4. It's A Language For Travel
France is the world’s number-one tourist destination and attracts more than 70 million visitors a year.
- Learning a little French in Blackpool before you visit Paris, the Cote d’Azur, the snow-capped peaks of the Alps or the rugged coastline of Brittany is always worthwhile. From being able to shop with confidence or understand a rail timetable to offering you insights into French culture and way of life, French tuition in Blackpool can make your trip far more rewarding.
- Private French tuition in Blackpool could also make your travels easier in Africa, Switzerland, Canada, Monaco, the Seychelles and other places.
5. A Language For Higher Education
Speaking French opens up study opportunities at renowned French universities and business schools, ranked among the top higher education institutions in Europe and the world.
Students with a good level of French are eligible for French government scholarships to enrol in postgraduate courses in France in any discipline and qualify for internationally recognised French degrees.
6. It's A Language For International Relations
French is both a working language and an official language of the United Nations, the European Union, UNESCO, NATO, the International Olympic Committee, the International Red Cross and international courts.
French is the language of the three cities where the EU institutions are headquartered: Strasbourg, Brussels and Luxembourg.
7. A Language That Opens Up The World
After English and German, French is the third most used language on the Internet, ahead of Spanish.
- French lessons in Blackpool could give you an alternative view of the world, enabling you to communicate with French speakers from every continent and helping you understand news from the leading French-language international media (TV5, France 24 and Radio France Internationale).
8. A Language That's Fun To Learn
Learning French in Blackpool is easy.
- If the experience of learning French at school left you cold, don’t worry. Private French tuition in Blackpool is an enjoyable, rewarding experience that’s a world away from the lessons you may remember.
- It does not take long to reach a level where you can communicate in French.
9. It's A Language for Learning Other Languages
Learn French in Blackpool and you’ll discover it’s a good base for learning other languages…
- …Especially Romance languages (Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and Romanian). It can even help your English, as fifty per cent of current English vocabulary is derived from French.
10. The Language of Love and Reason
First and foremost, learning French is the pleasure of learning a beautiful, rich, melodious language, often called the language of love.
French is also an analytical language that structures thought and develops critical thinking, which is a valuable skill for discussions and negotiations.
WE'RE HIGHLY QUALIFIED
Karen Montanaro's qualifications include:
- BA (Hons) in European Business Administration & Languages
- CTLLS (Certificate in Teaching in the Life-Long Learning Sector
- Trinity Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (Trinity CertTESOL)
- Member of the Institute of Linguists
If you like what we do and want to know more...
£20 per hour or
£12.50 for 30 minutes
Groups (2-4 People)
£25 per hour