HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
Read about how Blackpool Spanish & French respects your privacy, uses the information you provide and keeps it secure. Blackpool Spanish & French is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
Should Blackpool Spanish & French ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Blackpool Spanish & French may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information such as your name, email address and phone number
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- personal data is collected only for specific (and lawful) purposes
- appropriate security measures have been put in place to protect your data
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication
- information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information.
What We Do With The Information We Gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- for internal record keeping
- to improve our products and services
- to provide information to you that you request from us relating to our services. We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
- to inform you of any changes to our website or services
Disclosing Your Information
- in the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer, where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information
- to further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud
Blackpool Spanish & French is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Further guidance on how to control cookies in your browser can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
Links To Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time – please email us.
Blackpool Spanish & French will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A £10 fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please email us or write to us at Blackpool Spanish & French, 2 Mansfield Road, Blackpool, Lancashire FY3 7AB.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
This policy is effective from 1 December 2013. Last updated on 1 January 2017.